Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager/Site Leader
Summary of Job:
Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of warehouse and central supply personnel engaged in purchasing, receiving, shipping, and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies. Manages vendors with regards to quality, cost, and on time delivery in order to maintain best possible cost of ownership.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- MRP, Raw material planning, material prep and job staging, inventory control, WIP, inventory turns, shipping/receiving, tool inventory, consumable inventory, ERP software enhancements/implementation.
- Provides recommendations and data to senior management for effective business decisions.
- Participate in business sales growth and operations planning strategies (S&OP).
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Escalate exceptions and risks at the proper intervals.
- All other activities as related to the scope of the position as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Epicor software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Stand; walk and sit frequently
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently
- Lift/Push/PULL in excess of forty (40) pounds may be required.
- Able to squat/kneel/crawl/reach as required.
- Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in supply chain management role.
- SCM certifications preferred such as APICS or similar.
- Proficient computer skills with additional specialized training expected to maintain role.
Precision Machining Services, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Precision Machining Services, Inc. considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Precision Machining Services, Inc. fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Precision Machining Services, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Positions at Precision Machining Services, Inc. require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
To apply for this job please visit precisionmachiningservices.com.